Daylight by Matt&Kim- Final Music Video

Thursday 26 January 2012

Digipak Samples

I am now at the stage where I will begin mocking up my digipak. This is very exciting as I've had great fun experimenting with fonts, images and effects for my package. However, first here are a few samples. Any feedback is always appreciated !



Cover Sample
I really like the placement of the shoes as the placement of shoes adds negative space that reflects the stripped down aspect and simplicity of my video. In addition, it also provides a lovely contrast in shadow and light which links to the track name 'Daylight'. I've chosen the digital font as it reflects the theme of time and links into the stop motion section of clocks.

Back Sample
An image of the beach fits in nicely with the video, as many of the scenes have been shot here. I've stuck with the same washed out editing technique featured in the cover sample to really assume the idea of collective unity and synergy throughout the package. It also emits a vintage and indie feel, whilst keeping it light and saturated to reflect a peaceful and joyful style. However, I'm a bit torn with the placing of the track names, as they look great scattered around the image, yet this is not a conventional way of placing them judging from already established digipaks. However, this might just be the key to an interesting cover as my music genre is more alternative than conventional.

No comments:

Post a Comment