Daylight by Matt&Kim- Final Music Video

Wednesday 25 January 2012

5. Photoshop




To practice my photoshop skills and grow accustomed to the layout and style of digipaks I have created an exact copy (or as much as a copy as my resources have allowed  me to) of the Faithless album, To All New Arrivals. I feel this task has helped immensely with familiarizing myself to the workings of photoshop and the layout of a Digipak to maximize it's capacity to transmit information and promote the style and visuals of the band.

Cover Art Copy
Back Cover Copy
Although the cover art doesn't emply the exact same image and therefore the editing is not identical, I still think it is effective as I was able to transmit the same style and atmosphere of the original. This is really a very valuable skill to me, as my video is all about emitting a certain attitude, state of mind and genre through the layout and style of the digipak. Therefore, I actually think it is better as appearing to not be a carbon copy but something that employs the same image as the original.
Original- Back

Original- Cover Art
I wasn't able to find very good quality images of the original discography for Faithless' 'To All New Arrivals', however I feel that these pictures are good enough to catch a gist of what I was actually copying. Synergy is used throughout the discography to create a certain look and style, which I feel has worked very subtley and nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment