Daylight by Matt&Kim- Final Music Video

Thursday 19 January 2012

2. Font Experimentation

Font is a vital element for the presentation of the marketing package I will be developing as it is the aesthetic aspect of the information we are initially conveying. Without an eye catching font it becomes close to impossible to attract attention to the digipak or advertisement that will be displaying my single. In addition, I'll also have to make sure the style reflects the indie pop genre of the song and it's quirky style in order to appeal to my target audience.
Potential Fonts

Potential Fonts

My favourite font so far is definitely the 'digital', as it is relatively unique in the sense that I haven't seen many indie pop albums using it in their presentation. It also relates to the clocks stop motion section of my video as well as reflecting the theme of time in the lyrics about the 'Daylight'.

However, I also quite like the handwritten options as they insert a personal element into the design, appealing to it's quirkier aspects.
Algerian and Rosewood STD are good options for my font as they possess a certain vintage element that is already explored throughout the editing in my video during the beach scenes. Similarly, to the handwritten fonts, these are quite stylized, thus linking to the independent style.

Taking all of these fonts into consideration, there is one crucial step that I will have to remember and that is continuity throughout the entire marketing project, as this will strengthen my product and what I am trying to sell. Much like The White Stripes and their black, red and white colour scheme featured in all their advertisements, promotion packages and advertisements, I'd like to develop a distinct look for instant recognition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment