Daylight by Matt&Kim- Final Music Video

Monday 13 February 2012

5. Final Print Advertisement

After spending time investigating the different aspects, advantages and disadvantages of print advertisement, I finally came up with a mock up of a release poster for my track's digipak. 
During the editing&decision process
During the editing process, I began to realize that in terms of this particular type of advertisement, less is actually more. The less the content on the poster the more the information is eye catching, merely conveying the vital info that the target audience needs to know in order to purchase the album or download that particular single.
Final Poster

Here is the final mock up of my poster. I am actually very happy with it, despite the initial changes I made to it's layout and composition. Differing from the flat plan that I previously made illustrating the cover of the digipak to appear in small size on top of an image of the band (my actors), I decided to use a large scale version of the cover art and to cut out the picture entirely. By doing this I have stripped down the complexities of the poster, conveying only the vital info and allowing a stronger sense of branding and synergy as the font and colour scheme of the announcement reflects the title situated on the cover art. I also included a QR code and the URL to the website of the band, which appeals to the modern aspect of advertisement as it allows information to branch out on the internet. All in all, I feel it is a success, as although it is not incredibly detailed or complicated, I feel it's simplicity is more eye catching as it develops this feel of branding from the music video, to the digipak to the final poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment