Daylight by Matt&Kim- Final Music Video

Sunday 12 February 2012

1. Conventions of CD Advertising

In order to finish my Ancillary Task I must now research the conventions of CD and Album advertising before I create a mock up of one for my single 'Daylight'.

Whilst flicking through 'mixmag' and 'KERRANG!' magazines I was surprised by the subtlety and simplistic nature that these advertisements actually appear in, as I really had to search to spot one.

Generally taking up either a page or half a page of a magazine, these advertisements feature a photograph of the band or artist, the name of the album or single and a smaller image of the actual CD. It is often in correlation with a label such as HMV in which it will be distributed and the price is often mentioned underneath it's release date.

Example of Advertisement
 Here is a good example of the simplicity of a normal album advertisement. The font and colours reflect the genre of the album, whilst information is easily read and clear. The image of the artist adds a good touch as it is a personal view of who has created and released the song.

For my advertisement I will need to ensure I remain continuous with the vintage effect and digital font throughout the promotional package, as this will make it all the more strong as it will easily be recognized if stylized. In addition, I will also need a good picture of my actors to represent the band as they will need to reflect the same joyful attitude emitted in the video. This is when synergy begins to play a huge role in the creation of my advertisments in order to develop a certain branding to reflect collective unity throughout all products in order for them to be easily recognized and affiliated with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment