Daylight by Matt&Kim- Final Music Video

Monday 13 February 2012

2. Photoshop

As I have been investigating the aspect of print in the advertisment of upcoming releases of artist's, I took a particular ad to copy on photoshop, much like I did with the Faithless album. This has changed my mind about my previous claim that these little ads were so simple, as I have now experienced that their simplicity actually complicates their process of development quite a bit, as it requires the colours, fonts and placements to be incredibly precise in order to convey the full effect to attract attention.
Original
Copy
I decided to copy Passion Pit's ad for their 2009 release, 'Manners'. I felt their alternative genre and style linked nicely with my chosen track and digipak. This ad also caught my eye as it combines two very different techniques of advertising; the old fashioned and physical 'print' advert which can be plastered on buses, billboards and noticeboards and the modern QR code, an image of which you can take on your phone which will lead you to the band's website. These were distributed on posters, flyers, billboards and even coasters !

No comments:

Post a Comment