Daylight by Matt&Kim- Final Music Video

Wednesday 7 March 2012

3. What Have You Learnt From Your Audience Feedback?

After finishing off my media music video, I obviously got several people to view it and tell me what they thought about the complete product. In combination with this I uploaded it to websites such as youtube and facebook in order to get feedback from a whole range of people. I entered the stats section of youtube to get a good look at who viewed my video, where they were from, from what device they were viewing it and whether they were male or female. This is what I found:

Age & Gender Stats
 Here is becomes evident that I achieved my goal of appealing to both boys and girls despite the song being more feminine due to it's joyful and upbeat melody. I think this comes down to my variation in actors and choice of costume, as I was very aware of keeping the entire mise en scene very down to earth in order to relate to the carefree attitude of the track. This also shows that the most views came from 13-24 year olds which once again satisfies my intentions in relation to my target audience as the rebellious and playful aspect of the song combined with the teenage actors messing around in the video appeals to a more youthful audience.
Device Stats
 Here we can see from where the audience have accessed the video. Although I had no specific preference or target in terms of how people actually came across the video, I thought this little section of info was still quite interesting. Most views were clocked up through the video being embedded on other websites such as Facebook and Blogger. This is a positive as it means that the chances of people liking my video and as a result re-posting it are likely.
Country Stats
Here's an overview on where most views have taken place. With 112 views, the most viewers are from the UK. This is not incredibly surprising as it is logical that most people who watch my video are in the UK considering this is where it was created and posted. I'm also pleased with the variation of other European countries such as Austria, Belgium and Spain seeing as these places do not consider English as a main language, meaning I have targeted a wide range of audience in terms of nationality.
In addition to the stats collected through youtube, I also constructed a short video documenting feedback. I chose to ask a range of different people in the same age group as myself and my target audience in order to get a good summary of what I have done well and what I could improve upon. I was pleased to hear a lot of positive feedback on my editing and the conveying of a joyful mood throughout the video, as these were my biggest priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment