Daylight by Matt&Kim- Final Music Video

Sunday 6 November 2011

22. Actors

And with the choosing of locations comes the choosing of my actors, and who better than Anna Stoss, Philipp Marquardt and Paul Antauer? Here are some pics of these infamous guys and my reasons for casting them.

Anna Stoss
Anna Stoss was thrown into the mix for one main reason; she is a girl. Not only does this add variety to the actors, but it also ensures that my video will appeal to botch boys and girls, therefore targeting a larger audience and increasing it's chances of success. Other than this, Anna has a unique style relating to the independent genre, whilst her bubbly and cheerful personality link back to the pop aspect and reflect the bouncy melody and lyrics. In addition, I have worked with her before during my previous year of Media Studies and found that we make a great team as she is enthusiastic and willing about my work.
Philipp Marquardt
Here is Philipp, his presence in my vid essential, as he brings a certain versatility to the video as his style adds contrast to the others. He's more of the neon and hip hop scene with his baggy hoodies, and brightly coloured accessories, thus relating to the pop aspect of the video. In addition, Philipp, Anna and I are close friends which will make the act of working together that much more smooth as we are familiar with each other's personalities.
Paul Antauer
Paul Anatuer and I, like Anna, have worked together on my previous Media Studies project during my AS year, and this is why I feel confident with my choice, as we are guaranteed to get along well. In addition, he is also close with Anna and Philipp. His style is more 'indie', reflective of Anna's yet his silly and playful personality are ideal for the mise en scene of this vid, as he is required to mess around with friends, a skill with which he is quite confident. 

No comments:

Post a Comment