Daylight by Matt&Kim- Final Music Video

Sunday 6 November 2011

21. Locations

As the due date for my final music video edit is approaching faster and faster, I have now had to really narrow down the places in which I will be shooting my film. Here's a couple of photographs of my locations that will hopefully place an image with the ideas that have been coursing through my head for my music vid. This process has acted as a catalyst in my planning, as it has really woken me up in terms of narrowing down my thoughts and ideas for my vid, making it all the more real.

Art Block
 I have chosen to film in the art block, as the messy and colourful surroundings create a sense of comfort and reflect the joyful melody and lyrics of the track perfectly. It also emits an idea of creativity and contains all the resources that I will be needing for my vid, as I intend to have my actors paint for some of the scenes shot in this location. In addition, I am also an art student and therefore the art room is almost always accessible which will aid me greatly in terms of planning my filming.
School Yard
 I intend to film on the school yard just outside the art block as it has a great space where my actors will be able to move around freely. I also like the fact that it contains stairs and a wall as I think the use of levels will add interest to my video, as actions will not be executed and repeated over and over again. This area is also accessible on weekends, which will be very useful, as weekends are definitely prime time for filming.

Beach
Here is the beach on which I intend to film many of my scenes as it is one of the main section of my music vid. I chose this particular place due to it's vast space as I feel it will be a good contrast to the school shots that have taken place beforehand. This area is also remarkably beautiful and photogenic, and combined with the fact that it is nearby I feel it's presence to be essential in my video.

No comments:

Post a Comment